Really cool. African Mermaid and an Asian Centaur, and they’re having tea. ^_^
A Hlaf Man and Half Horse … #Centaur
oh yeah i doodled this last year
Here’s a better reference for my bby North. I’ve grown rather attached to him ahaha
Caran d’ache full blenders!
So, in curiosity, I bought a pack of the caran d’ache full blenders today. I had seen online some photos of what they do, and I was a bit skeptical. My hypothesis is that they are just clear wax pencils used to varnish the colored pencil image, and I think that I’m right. (One of the things I like about the caran d’ache pencils is that they have a clay binder rather than a wax binder, so you don’t get wax bloom). Here’s what I noticed about the blenders:
1. You have to press really hard. This may partially be because of the texture of the paper I was using (canson mi tientes) but there were a lot of stubborn little nooks and crannies the blender didn’t want to get down into.
2. They do brighten the colors. The greens are where you can see the most noticeable difference.
3. They blend, but you lose some details because of this - one of the other things I liked about hte caran d’ache pencils was their ability to get such amazing tiny details.
4. they smudge and smear the image a little
5. They do appear to be wax based, meaning that they may suffer from wax bloom (prismas also suffer from this, but it takes a few years before I’ll find out). The amazing ferretparty has told me you can combat wax bloom by spraying the image with fixative.
If you have a large image you are working on, or a large area you want filled with a very smooth color, these will probably work well. They also helped brighten and smooth the centaur’s skin tone immensely, but the loss of details in parts of the image saddens me (the grass is brighter, but also mushier) I’ll have to play around more with these before I decide if I like them or not - then again, they may work very well in moderation.
Said before been drawing some monster ladies. I’m also doing a special little collection for Katsucon next month!
There’s a little chibi version of the deer centaur I uploaded a little while ago.
And of course a mermerd.
Monster Girl a Day!
Yargh blargh words words type type. I still think color is fussy and I haven’t gotten it figured out yet… Although the way I work in digital (in black) is pretty closely to how I used to work with charcoal. Fill the shape solid and then erase to find her features, I like it, I’ll stick with it for now.
Thirty Day Monster Girl Challenge
Day 2: Centaur
Arabian Centaur lady
Gorgeous 3D creation.
His name’s Hart and he’s a bit of an asshole
why am i doing this
help i don’t know
I basically just roared and drew this with the power of fucking million exploding suns when I saw the ask and CAN U BLAME ME
Shout out to un-anoned bonbon who requested this!
Page 1 of 65